Oriental Peak. Versatility Award.
I find myself blogging this afternoon because I cannot help but feel a sense of pride. A pride that seems to be fed more and more, as I notice and witness a certain change amongst the public eye.
Beauty can be portrayed and viewed in infinite ways. Even so, I believe that it has yet to be explored to it’s full potential. Magazine after magazine, spread after spread, time and time again like a broken record, the images of beauty that are splashed along these mediums project women of a certain build, height, and ethnicity. Blonde, wide eyed figures are what comes fresh to mind when I recall what I have seen. It is hard to believe that there is no prejudice or favouritism of what is considered as beautiful when those are the conditions we see, and I will admit, although these images are indeed exquisite and euphoric to the eye, it sometimes does little to my self esteem. I have learnt to filter it most of the time, but it is always something that used to play in my mind. However, the little pride that resonates in my belly is growing…
It seems that trend of the same type of women is nearing it’s end. As more and more oriental faces are stapled on high fashion editorials, and countless magazine spreads. Some may argue that the change lies with economic circumstances. I say, who cares? it is a change nonetheless, and an amazing one at that. This is where I want to shout out to my fellow ‘yellow’ ladies, and high five them, because we are who we are (represent!). Whenever I see an oriental beauty on a magazine, or in an editorial, I could not be prouder, or happier to be asian :) Having said that, I believe that this is a sign that we will see more variation of faces in the lime light; where everyone can be appreciated, no matter what they look like on the outside.
Liu Wen (Marilyn) for Estee Lauder 2010 Campaign | Tian Yi for Vogue China February 2012 | Tian Yi for Vera Wang S/S 12 | Sui He for Vogue China, December 2011 – 3
On another note, Abi from ‘All Things Random by Abi’ (http://mizzabi.com) Nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much for the nomination Abi :) I would like to take the opportunity to thank those who have taken the time to read my blog, and especially those who encouraged me to start it up and helped me do so. I hope that you will all continue to follow my journey, and support my blog :) you guys are the best !
So with this nomination comes a few little rules that come with the nomination which are:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post.
7 random things about me:
- Ice cream is my all time favourite dessert, and Pandan Ice cream is probably my favourite at the moment.
- I have considered getting a tattoo several times over the past few years, but have yet to do so due to my indecisiveness.
- I have hyper-extended joints, which allows me to touch my wrists with my thumb.
- I am very, very sensitive about the moles/freckles on my face. I’m still learning to love them.
- My closest friends call me Panda.
- When I am not controlled I eat like a Panda.
- I am obsessed with Instagram!
My nominations are:
I could not think of who else to nominate. I felt that it was best to nominate people I read, rather than fill up the quota :)
Hope you have all had a great week so far,
Shout out to April Purcia Dilao, rawrrrfashion, miss L, and Angus, Welcome :)
Until next time